Tuesday 23 October 2007

Apple Crisp

We had a potluck at our church on Sunday, and I had a hard time figuring out what to bring b/c you have to have something that will taste good at room temperature, and that you can make ahead of time. I also had a bit of a tiem crunch b/c we were gone most of Saturday, so I decided to make an Apple Crisp.

I had a recipie that asked for apples, but I had a can of apple pie filling, so I figured I could use that and just make the crisp part of the Apple Crisp. At the potluck there were quite a few desserts, and I decided to try others, and not mine. Later I asked Chad if he had tried any of it and he said, "yes, it's really good." So I thought all was well. When we were ready to leave Chad went to collect all our dishes. I was still a little apprehensive about how the Apple Crisp turned out, so I asked if much was left, and Chad said, "only about 3 pieces," so I figured it must've been pretty good. After we got home I was putting things away, and washing dishes when I discovered that Chad had brought home the wrong pan! I mentioned it to Chad and he said, "no, I don't think so, the other Apple Crisp had a really thick, dry topping on it." ........the other one was MY Apple Crisp!

2 comments:

  1. Don't be so sad, I would have tried the same thing. We all (meaning probably just you and I) have cooking/baking mishaps. I tried to make meatloaf once and it was awful! I couldn't even choke it down......

    Anyhow, at least you know that your shortcut didn't work for that peticular recipe. There are some that work and some that don't. Guess it's just something that you learn from experience.

    I've also burnt burger patties so bad that they were just like a black hockey puck and the dog wouldn't go near it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol. Sounds like my kind of cooking! I like to go for the, "My desert is very fresh... cuz' I just baught it from Fred Meyer this morning".

    ReplyDelete