Thursday 14 August 2008

Check It Out!

I might still look slightly pregnant, but I'm NOT! Less than 24 hours after my Dr told me I'd be pregnant for the duration of FOREVER, my water broke! (And I managed to keep the sheets clean).


At 2am my water broke & off we went to the hospital. I was put into a triage room where they evaluate to see if you'll be staying or going home. The person in the next bed kept me entertained b/c apparently she was not enjoying her pregnancy. She was about 28 weeks & had come in b/c she was having some contractions. The nurses verified they were braxton-hicks, but the woman was determined. She asked what her chances were of having the baby that day & was told "not likely." She then asked if they could call the doctor b/c she wanted to have the baby out (though I could relate, I wasn't that eager at 28 weeks yet). The nurses assured her that if she were to go into labour, the Drs would do all they could to STOP it & that no Dr would induce labour at 28 weeks. The lady also mentioned at one point that she wanted to take the baby home & not keep it in the hospital for any length of time...... I was entertained!

So, they decided to keep me around & moved me into a birthing room, where I read my book, enjoyed a leisurely breakfast, & slept until around 9 when they gave me some oxytocin to get some action started. At 10:30 I decided I knew enough about pain & got some morphine. And at 11:07 our daughter Chancery Lane was born!

Chad, in all his kindness, said I make a good cow..... I have easy labours. I was just glad that my child was a bit smaller than a bovine. And she was on the small end, at 6lbs 4oz & 20.5 inches. Welcome to the world, baby girl!

13 comments:

  1. That is such an amazing birth story. I am glad that every thing went so smoothly for you. Hope Asher is adjusting well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Chad and Sherilyn! It's so fun having a boy and a girl. I'm glad you didn't have to wait any longer and that everything went well. God bless your family of 4!
    Casey and Laura Kuperus

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray! Welcome to the world Chancery and congratulations to your mommy, daddy, and big brother! Mr. Uncle Jim and I will still babysit anytime you like. . . it just might take us awhile to get there!
    Love you all very much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!!! a baby girl!!!awwwwww Sherilyn!!! I am so happy for all of you congratulations everyone!!! Welcome Chancery!!! and Happy Brithday!!
    Love,
    Mikaela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sherilyn! She's beautiful! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Sherilyn!!!
    What fun.. a boy and a girl! I bet Asher is a proud big brother!
    You look great and she's a cutie :)
    Blessings to your family, K-A

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations you guys! She's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. congratulations to you, chad, and asher!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! She is beautiful! Has Asher been able to meet her. It will be interesting to hear about his reactions to the new one. Congrats again to you and Chad.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so happy for the two of you. She's finally here!!! and super cute!! Congratulations to mom, dad and big brother Asher.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I knew you wouldn't stay preggers indefinately! Looks like the first due date was the most accurate. Good job...you make great lookin' younguns!

    ReplyDelete
  12. congrats! She is sooooo beautiful. Just like her mommy. How are you feeling? I hope you are doing well. How is big brother enjoying is baby sister?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations to you guys! Love the tongue hanging out. I can't believe they let you eat breakfast so close to delivery. Anyway, enjoy your baby. What a cutie!

    ReplyDelete