Wednesday 15 October 2008

Good Advice

"Sleep when your baby sleeps." It's written in every parentling handbook, everyone tells new mothers this & generally mothers take the advice. I figured it would be difficult w/ 2 kids b/c Asher would not sleep when Chancery did, or *gasp* might decide he no longer needs naps.

Who would have guessed that Chancery is the cause of my grief? She sleeps AWESOME at night. Usually 8-10 hours, nurse & then 2-4 more hours. I really can't complain about that. But napping is another story. She's really tired, but fights sleep like nobody's business. I've been trying to put her down for a nap for the past 2.5 hours, but she keeps waking up after about 10-15 minutes!

Asher, on the other hand, will go to sleep w/o any issues. It doesn't seem to bother him if Chancery is crying up a storm in the next room, we just put him in bed & off he drifts to dreamland. He actually has been taking LONGER naps since we moved here. 2-3 hours instead of 1.5. I just wish Chancery would get the memo that when it's naptime, it's better to just go to sleep. No one likes to wake up every 10 minutes! (trust me, I've been trying it).

Someone asked the other day if I've tried her in the swing. Oh, I just laughed. That is the ONLY place she has slept AT ALL in the last 3-4 weeks. How I'm supposed to get anything done, I'll never know. It's pretty difficult to cook dinner w/ an overtired baby hanging on your chest b/c it's the only place she won't be screaming. Maybe we should just start eating after 8pm when she's in bed for the night. Or we could get pizza delivered every night......... Mmmm, that sounds like a good idea. What's the number for Pizza Hut?

No comments:

Post a Comment