Sunday 26 October 2008

I Did It Myself!

Last week I took it upon myself to get our TV room sorted out. When we moved in I told the people helping us that any box labelled "Games," "Videos," "DVDs," "Video Games," or "Stereo" should be brought into the TV room.


Now since we still haven't gotten the french doors installed to separate PC's office from the playroom, the TV Room has become a bit of a playroom as well. It worked pretty well to have the boxes there b/c Asher left the boxes alone alot better than he would if the contents of the boxes were unpacked. But, I had some girls coming over on Friday night & I thought I should get things a bit sorted out.

First I had to determine WHAT to do w/ all the boxes. I had to assemble a shelving unit in the storage room to put all our games on. Then I had to sort through all the boxes & take all the "Games" into the storage room & shelve them.

Aren't they Pretty?

Then I sorted through all the videos & decided that if there is to be any room for couches/chairs I'd have to limit what I have out. So I settled for the "Kids' Videos" & the DVDs to be out.













Then I saw the box marked "Video Game Systems" & I couldn't resist getting them out. I decided that if I was getting ONE system set up, I might as well set them ALL up! So I did:

It only took me 1 naptime & 1 evening to do it all. Lots of wires & power strips (I won't show you the mess of it all behind the TV). And here's the finished product:
GAME NIGHT AT MY PLACE!

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait until you get the desire to do the rest of the house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aaw man and all those girls nights... so many more options... :(

    ReplyDelete