Wednesday 8 October 2008

She May Be A Plug Baby!

When Asher was a baby he would never take a bottle or a plug. Not for lack of trying. I think we may have purchased every type of bottle nipple & plug on the market at the time, but to no avail. So when Chancery was born I had little hope of her taking a bottle or plug. We tried when she was a little younger than Asher had been & we actually did manage to get her to take a Soothie!


However, we had to hold it in the whole time b/c she couldn't keep it in. The only advantage there was to her taking it, was that PC had something to offer her to hold her off eating for awhile.


The last few weeks though she wouldn't even take the Soothie anymore, so I went through the box of plugs & tried them all again. This time she has chosen the Mam plug. She actually can keep this one in on her own, but she tends to only keep it in for about 5 minutes. I can understand now why some people think it's better to let babies suck their fingers. They tend to be able to find them back again on their own.

I'm curious though, what about babies that need to be swaddled (like mine)? I suppose they are destined to be plug babies. I'm just getting tired of running up the stairs every 5 minutes to stick it back in, but I suppose it's better than having to pick her up & nurse her every time.

1 comment:

  1. Danielle loved to be swaddled when she was little, but we needed to leave one hand free so she could suck her thumb.

    ReplyDelete