Thursday 23 October 2008

Turn it DOWN!!!

I always have music on. Always. I was the one that got in trouble at work for always being connected to the internet so I could listen to the radio. I rearranged my desk to fit the radio & then had to do it all again when the radio died to fit the new radio. I used to listen to Robbie Williams at work b/c that was the only site that would work to play music continuously. I was thrilled when I won a free MP3 player b/c that meant that when I didn't have a desk b/c I worked in the file room I didn't have to give up my music!

Awhile ago we purchased an external hard drive mainly b/c I would be able to upload all our CDs onto it & then play them by genre, artist, CD, year..... Like a radio station of my very own! I got started, it's taken awhile, but I finally finished putting all our rock/pop music in. I'm 1/2 through loading the Christian CDs, but I've had to put the project on hold for awhile b/c there are just other things to do in my spare time. I wish they were all uploaded already b/c there are times I'd really like to listen to some old Amy Grant, or Newsboys, or BeeGees, or Beach Boys, Simon & Garfunkel, etc. I have some quick work to try getting the Christmas CDs done before the season starts (Thankfully since we are in Canada, Christmas doesn't officially start until December 1st, so that'll buy me a few extra days!).

We gave my computer a place of honour in the kitchen/dining area so I could use it as my radio when I am cooking & throughout the day. I had to buy special speakers that are small enough to fit on the limited work space. I'm all set to go!

But today I realized I NEVER have music playing anymore. Pastor Chad turned on the music on my computer so I could listen to a song he wanted me to hear. When it was done I told him to just leave it on, but it didn't last more than 5 minutes. When you have a 2 year-old vying for attnetion, & a baby crying b/c she's hungry/tired/generally unhappy, music is the one thing I can turn down.

Sometimes I wish the kids had volume switches, I miss the music......

No comments:

Post a Comment