Sunday 2 November 2008

It's a Love/Hate Thing

This morning we had our first snowstorm of the season. Asher was pretty excited b/c I don't think he really remembers snow & last year we were in a basement, so he could never really see it unless we were outside.

He put a chair by the patio door & sat enthralled by it all. P. Chad asked him what he was doing.

A: "I'm watching the snow."
PC: "Ok."
A: "It's really fun!"

Asher wanted to put on his "snow shoes" (I'm pretty sure he meant snow boots) & go outside in it, but we didn't have time before church & we don't have snow boots or snow pants for him yet. After church I was prepared for another request if it was still snowing.

After the service we were walking to the truck & it was snowing a little bit. Asher all of a sudden proclaimed, "I don't LIKE it in my face! I don't LIKE it in my eyes!" I told him that we just had to walk to the truck & then we could get out of the snow.

During lunchtime today he told P. Chad, "Watching snow is fun, but I don't like it in my face & my eyes at church b/c I don't like cold things in my eyes."

No comments:

Post a Comment