Thursday 20 November 2008

Joseph's Coat

On Tuesdays we go to coffee break at church & Asher gets to go to "Little Lambs" which teaches him about some people in the Bible. He takes the papers home, but I have a really hard time getting him to tell me anything about what they did other than that they do puzzles, have a snack, & sing songs.

He never tells me waht songs they sing. He always tells me "Deep & Wide" which I am pretty sure isn't what they sing every week. On the way out to the truck this week I caught him singing, "The more we get together," he then paused, realized he was singing in my presence, & said, "No, we didn't sing THAT song!" I don't know WHY he won't tell me, it's not like I make him sing the songs over & over at home, he just wants to keep the songs to himself & I suppose that's ok.

Over lunch I usually ask who they learned about that day & he'll tell me their names, but not much more than that. Well, this week it was a bit different. He told me all about Jesus & how he got a coat from his brothers, but his brothers didn't have one.

I know, he was a bit mixed up in the names department, so I straightened him out a bit & then asked if the brothers were jealous. He said, "No, they were sad," then he decided that didn't cover all the emotions, & procalimed, "they were MAD!"

Later he was telling P Chad over dinner all about Joseph (he got the name right this time) & his brothers & the coat. He got to the part that the brothers didn't have one & added, "Just like Jesus & Zaccheus, they didn't have a coat EITHER!"

I suppose it's true, but someday we're going to have to make sure he gets all those Bible stories straightened out.

3 comments:

  1. Have you ever read the book "Chicka Chicka Boom Boom?" Its about letters that climb up a coconut tree - cute story. For quite awile it was Maria's favorite book to read with my mom. One time after we came home from a visit to Grandma's, Maria started singing about Zacheas climbing up the coconut tree.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me laugh. I'm glad he put a few things together, it's hard to know if they ever pick up anything although I know from experience with Marika that as they go about their day they say little things that make you say oh they do remember the stories and songls they learned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One time one of our boys came home from a "class" and told us that the story was about Samuel pouring gas on David's head because David was going to be the king.

    ReplyDelete