Thursday 27 November 2008

Marbles

This morning Chancery had a doctor's appointment. Since moving & lack of doctors here on PEI, this is the first time since she was born that she's been to the doctor. At 3.5 months, she has grown 4" from 20.5" and almost doubled her birth weight from 6,4 to 12,6. She's apparently on the tall end, but right in the middle for weight & head circumference. The doctor is kind of quirky & I really like him. When he finished checking her heart, he asked if they had told me she had a heart murmur when she was born, & I told him, no. Then he said, "I'm not even sure it's really there, it's so faint." He assured me that it's no big deal especially since he couldn't even really tell if she actually has one...... Just one example of his quirkiness.

A friend from church came to watch Asher & he had a great time playing w/ "Miss Julie" while I was gone.

Later I mentioned off-hand, "I think I'm loosing my marbles."

Asher asked, "Can I see your marbles?"

Then I explained that I didn't really have any marbles, but it's just something people say when they aren't thinking properly.

He thought about that for awhile, then offered, "Maybe Miss Julie took then home with her!"

1 comment:

  1. LOL.... I hope you found your Marbles.. little Asher is a quick one... I had a heart murmur when I was a baby but out grew it... so I'm sure the same will be for Chancery...

    ReplyDelete