Thursday 27 November 2008

A Momentus Day!

Yesterday at lunch time PChad was holding Chancery & she keep reaching for his food. He'd push his plate out of the way & she'd just get upset, so I figured maybe it was time to try the baby cereal.

At first she wasn't so sure about it. I think I made it a bit thick. She kept gagging on it, so we thinned it out a bit & she did pretty well. She seemed to really like it, but wouldn't open her mouth very far. It made feeding her a bit tricky, but we muddled through.

Today she was all over that cereal. I'd get the spoon close & she'd open her mouth like a little bird, & if I was taking too long she'd protest. She even was trying to help me by grabbing the spoon & directing it towards her mouth.


Before:We decided later that evening that Asher really needed a haircut, so PChad bravely took the clippers & went at it. Amazingly the wiggling boy ended up w/ a pretty decent haircut (not to say that I didn't have confidence in PChad, I didn't have confidence in the little wiggling boy!).
After:

















After he was finished, he set Asher on the potty to wait while he drew a bath & cleaned up the hair. When he put Asher in the bath, he noticed that there was wee in the potty! So we all did a bit of a happy dance, whilst Asher stood & stared at us from the bath. He finally got to rescue his new stuffed doggie from where he was hanging just out of reach in the washroom and he got to have a candy (we are not above using bribery).

Since his "new special doggie" needed a shorter name & perhaps something a bit more descriptive than "new special doggie" he was given some suggestions. PChad suggested "Russell" while I suggested "Yellow Dog" (yes, I prefer the obvious names, then we ALL know which toy he wants when he asks for it by name).

Meet "Russell."

It might be a one off that he used the potty, but at least now he knows he can do it, though I'm not sure that he realized that he DID do it.

And that, my friends, is a day for the history books.... or at least the baby books!

No comments:

Post a Comment