Wednesday 19 November 2008

A Shocking Discovery!

Last night I discovered something terrible….. I simply do not have enough time to do all the tings that I want to do! This will probably come as a surprise to most of you, but there simply don’t seem to be enough hours in the day!

I have a really good book I’m reading, blogs to read, blogs to write, emails to answer, Christmas cards to address, a Christmas letter to write, the newspaper to read & the daily Sudoku to finish (to maintain mental agility).

I think I would have time to do those things if it wasn’t for all the other things I have to do. Get kids up in the morning, prepare breakfast (pour milk on cereal), change numerous pants throughout the day, get lunch ready, figure out what to have & prepare dinner…….

So I’m having to choose! It’s awful! I made the decision awhile ago that I didn’t have to read the newspaper everyday, that was liberating. Then yesterday I decided that I didn’t have to do the Sudoku either b/c I was trying to get it done, but wishing I could be doing something else instead. I figured that was kinda silly.

I think the main issue is that I have limited time w/o kids around to get things done, & if they don’t sleep at the same time, everything gets a little crazy! I know, it’s just a season of life & it’ll be over before I know it, but I think that’ll be ok w/ me. I’ll be fine when the kids can entertain themselves a bit more (or even sit by themselves w/o needing to be held all the time). I can’t tell you the number of times I’ve made a latte in the last month & at lunch time discoved that I only had a few sips out of it. I just don’t have time to sit & drink it right now. Maybe I should buy a beer hat so I could drink it throughout the morning!

2 comments:

  1. I have thought the same thing!! I usually dont have time to sip my coffee, and I thought it would be nice to make a coffee hat, so I could sip it during the day to keep me energized. So often I find my coffee cup around the house with a few sips out of it, and it is ice cold. I have started taking the leftover morning coffee, and making a blended iced coffee in the afternoon as a little pick me up. Waste not, want not!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherilyn,
    I never thought of the beer hat when my kids were little! Good idea, but with tea or coffee, of course! My mom always said to me.....as I too have this hard time with time......your kids will NEVER remember how clean your house was or what you made for dinner, or that the laundry was or wasn't done....but they WILL remember that you spent time playing with them.
    In some small ways we must let the dust(in your case, the blog) go! I am for thinking that, but have such a hard time sticking with it and taking time for me(and then sometimes too!) Prioritze and set a goal to set some time aside for you.....
    if that time is for writing, or reading, then it will be well spent. You will be a better mom. wife, woman for it. May you get some refreshment.......

    ReplyDelete