Monday 15 December 2008

BooMama's Christmas Tour of Homes 2008

BooMama's hosting her annual Christmas Tour of Homes. Head on over to her place to see more & add your own!

This year is the second time in the last 10 years that we have put up our tree. Normally we have gone to either PChad's parents or mine for Christmas, so we haven't bothered. IN fact the first 2 years I still wanted to decorate a bit, so we set up our ladder, strung lights on it & put the angel on top. Let me tell you, you can put ALOT of presents under a ladder!

This lighted garland is on the banister upstairs. I also have a strand of "berry" lights intertwined. I really like how they look at night w/ all the lights off (I tried to take pictures of that, but they came out blurry, so you'll just have to use your imagination).



I decorated the light fixture over the kitchen table. Asher doesn't try to play w/ the ball TOO much! I had 2, & Asher tried to play catch w/ the other one. I was going to give the balls away b/c they are rather large & I didn't really know what to do w/ them, but since I only had one & it matched my stars, I hung it here.


On the bannister near the front door I have a strand of lighted star garland & also the stockings. However my stockings refuse to hang straight, so I will be looking for better stockings in the after Christmas sales this year!



Here are a few of my favourite wall decorations. Since we haven't gotten around to hanging any art/pictures yet, I got to put them up where ever I wanted this year!



When we lived in Alberta there was a store that sold mostly handmade wood decorations made by people in the local care center. After Christmas they had wonderful sales where I was able to get most of these.




*Hooked on Homes is having a home tour as well!

5 comments:

  1. Love the picture of your babies under the tree! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful family and decorations! Love the banister. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for such a delightful tour of your home, everything looks so beautifully decorated for Christmas:-)I especially love all the wooden handpainted signs! Merry Christmas to you and yours! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! A baby always makes a tree look nicer! :) Thank you for the tour!

    ReplyDelete