Saturday 20 December 2008

Everything's Coming Up Minty

I recently ran out of both Peppermint & Creme de Menthe flavourings for making lattes. I've been using other syrups that I have, but the other day I really wanted a minty latte, so I looked in the cupboard & found a bottle of "Mint Extract."

When making a latte, you use about an ounce of flavoured syrup. I knew that the peppermint extract would probably be a bit stronger, so I mostly filled the shot glass w/ Irish Cream flavoured syrup & added a small amount of mint extract...... (Had I read this I would have known better).

Well, I added too much. PChad came in the room a little while later & asked what smelled minty. I told him it was my latte & asked if he wanted a sip, he replied, "No way!" I definitely got my kick of peppermint, but everything else I ate that day also tasted minty. I'd like to let you know that minty cornbread is a little disconcerting!

No comments:

Post a Comment