Tuesday 6 January 2009

Book Critic

A few months ago, PChad finished reading "The Shack" & asked if I would like to read it. I wasn't so sure. I have this horrible habit that involves me not reading almost any book that he recommends. I'm not sure how it started. Maybe he was trying to push me to read a "good wife" book. Maybe he highly recommended one & I found it to be a dumb one. I'm not sure.

Anyways, I decided to pick it up a few weeks ago & I've been reading it, albeit slowly. I'm enjoying it, but there are so many other things I enjoy doing too, that it hasn't been real high on my priority list to read it. At this stage in my life, a book has to be an AWESOME read for me to put it near the top o' the priority list.

So I'm still not sure how I feel about this book. Sometimes I think it's waaaay overwritten. The author uses 3 paragraphs to explain that he's feeling the weight of depression (see how quickly I summed that up?), describing it about 10 different ways. The story line is interesting, & even though it is pure fiction, it is giving me some new ways to think about God.

Asher, on the other hand, seems to know exactly how he feels about this book. I went into our room the other day & could faintly hear the radio playing on my dresser, so I went to turn it off. I knew Asher had turned it on b/c neither PChad nor myself had. Asher isn't allowed in our room w/o us b/c Thanet's food always ends up in his water dish if Asher is in there unsupervised.

So, I turned off the radio & noticed my lotion had been moved from the back of my dresser to the front. As I picked it up, I discovered that it had been opened & a considerable amount was missing. Looking slightly to the left, I found it's new residence. Asher had squeezed 1/2 a tube of intensive care (read super greasy) lotion all over the cover of "The Shack." Curiously he didn't put the lotion anywhere else, just all over the cover of the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment