Monday 19 January 2009

Guess What My Little Girl Can Do!

But Sherilyn, you've already told us that she can kick, scream, & cry.......

Yes, yes, she can do all that, but now she can roll over too! From front to back, from back to front, back & forth, all night long! That's right ALL NIGHT LONG! They say when a baby is learning a new skill that they would rather practice than sleep, well, now that she is proficient at rolling both ways, she just wants to explore her whole crib. I go in to her room & she is usually laying totally backwards of how I laid her down, sometimes hugging the bumper pad, usually kicking away (sometimes happily, sometimes not so much).

Saturday morning she awoke & deided to show us what she could do. I put her down in the living room so PChad could watch her while I vacuumed & she proceeded to roll over to see what Asher & Daddy were doing b/c playing w/ the blocks looked so interesting.

Now when I change Asher's pants I have to be extra careful of where I put her. His bed is actually the top of a bunkbed, so it has rails all around, but the first time she got stuck mid-roll b/c of the footboard & she was not too happy about it! Don't get me wrong, I'm pleased that she has gained this small freedom b/c it makes her happier, I'm just hoping that now she can stop practicing/exploring when she is supposed to be sleeping so that we can all get some rest.


1 comment:

  1. So sweet (though I'm sorry aboutt he sleep part)

    My guy just figured out how to say, "GAA," and thinks it is the best thing in the world. It is always so cute for the first 5 minutes and then it is like COME ON ALREADY! We are trying to teach him other sounds he can make. =)

    ReplyDelete