Friday 9 January 2009

We're Not Sleeping Yet!

For some unforseen reason, my children, as babies are not good sleepers. I thought maybe it was just Asher & that Chancery was better, but suddenly she has decided that she doesn't want to sleep on her stomach anymore. No, she'd rather sleep on her side. Her SIDE! Who's ever heard of a baby that likes to sleep on it's side?

So I start her off on the side of her crib on her stomach (if she's really tired, she'll succomb to sleep right away on her stomach), but 9 times out of 10, she immediately tries to roll onto her side, goes a bit too far & ends up on her back. Now, she hasn't learned how to roll from her back to her front yet & she won't sleep on her back (Are you hearing my problem?).

Last night at 2am, she decided it was time to sleep on her side again, she then spent the next 2.5 hours crying & not sleeping w/ PChad or I going in every now & then to calm her down & try to get her to go back to sleep.

So, I'm wondering if any of you have heard of such a thing or if you have any advice on how to get my "side-sleeping" baby to sleep.

4 comments:

  1. Josie sleeps on her side. I put her back against a pillow. It works pretty well. By the time she wakes up she's usually on her back, but she doesn't mind that. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister gave me a handy thing that props them up on their side so the can't roll anywhere. We used it for Sammy a couple times when he had a cold, as sleeping on his side seemed to help him breath better and when he woke up he was still in the same position. It works great. I can bring it to church tomorrow if you'd like to try it!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should try to roll a swaddle blanket up tightly and prop her on her side with that proped behind and another one in front of her. If she has a side preference, put her on that side, but try to rotate periodically so you don't flatten her skull. That is my suggestion. Hope you find something that works for you and her.

    ReplyDelete