Monday 16 February 2009

The Blindman Speaks

Asher had a bit of a rough morning in the nursery yesterday. When I got home I took his temperature & discovered he was sick. He had pink circles around his eyes at lunch time & refused to eat more than one bite of waffle, which is a food he loves. He was sitting in his chair while we finished eating & he kept closing his eyes. We were trying to figure out if he was sleepy, or if his eyes were just hot & it felt better to have them closed, but we weren't getting a whole lot of feedback.

I returned to the task of feeding Chancery her carrots (of which she is not a fan). She was making quite a mess & spitting them out, blowing bubbles on the spoon, etc. So I went to get a doekje (facecloth) for Chancery & promptly dropped it on the floor. I said, "Oops, Mummy dropped your doekje!"

The sleeping boy across the table (still w/ his eyes closed) piped up, "Why did you drop it?"

1 comment:

  1. Awww, poor little guy. I hope he feels better post haste.

    ReplyDelete