Wednesday 4 March 2009

Cleaning Schedule

The Queen B asked the other day about how people clean their houses. Here's what I do:

I like things tidy, so I'm constantly putting things away, that way it doesn't seem like too big a job b/c there's not that much to put away. Basically when the kids leave a room, we tidy it before we go.

As for cleaning? I generally clean when it looks like it needs to be clean (ie. you can SEE that the floor is dirty). That being said, I only vacuum once a week or so, but there is no set day/time. I have central vac, but I HATE it b/c I find you have to lug everything out & it's not conducive to doing a quick cleaning, so I use my old vacuum most the time unless I'm going to do a thorough cleaning. Monday is laundry day. Everyone knows to have their laundry in the hamper on Monday or it has to wait another week. I fold right away b/c then I don't have laundry lying about & I'm done for a whole week (unless there's a huge spit-up accident like there was yesterday). Dusting? Well I should probably do that from time to time......

1 comment:

  1. I love seeing people's cleaning schedules, because what works for one person may not work for someone else!

    Thanks for sharing. The pictures of your kids are adorable, by the way!

    ReplyDelete