Sunday 12 April 2009

Thankful This Easter

This morning at church we had 6 professions of faith & 5 baptisms. It was a wonderful service with much to celebrate. But there was one more thing to be thankful for.

About 1/2 way through the sermon I noticed one of the women in the church who is a nurse was called out. Then another woman followed her out & before she left I saw her mention to her husband that maybe someone wasn't feeling well, so she left to see if she could help as well. Next thing I knew someone came & tapped me on the shoulder & said they needed me for Chancery. I figured she must be hungry or fussy & they needed me b/c it was an extra long service. But the woman who came to get me told me they had Chancery in the kitchen.

Apparently Chancery had been eating a cookie in the nursery & bit off a pretty big chunk & started choking on it. They banged her on the back & she coughed it out, but she wasn't breathing right away & started to turn a bit blue.

By the time I got there she was fine again, but it gave the nursery folk quite the scare. They thought it would be best if I stayed with her for the duration of the service so I could see if she was acting normal. I'm just thankful that there were people there who knew what to do & reacted quickly b/c it could have ended up quite differently.

3 comments:

  1. A very thankful Easter indeed! And it's great to have some 'professionals' in the congregation when these things happen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who gives an 8-month old a cookie??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad everything is okay-I'm sure a bit scary even if you weren't there for the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete