Tuesday 2 June 2009

The Boy Who Cried "Poo"

I know you are all DYING to discover how the potty training is going, so I thought I'd give an update.....

Asher is now fully potty trained for the daytime. We had 2 accidents of the stinky kind & one wee in the bed episode where someone forgot to put a pull-up on said child *ahem*

Now, of course, he has learned that he can tell us he has to use the facilities & be allowed to get out of bed. We make him wee before putting him down, but he has discovered the wild card that is pooing.

Since we have no idea what time of day the little stinker will show up, Asher will get out of bed repeatedly saying, "I have to poo!"

We've had to start giving him time-outs if he says it & doesn't perform.

I think we need to find a copy of "The Boy Who Cried 'Wolf!'", because at 6:00, 6:15, 6:25, 6:45, & 6:55am, there's nothing worse than being dragged out of bed for no reason at all.

He has also started declaring quite loudly, "My body is telling me, 'GO TO THE WASHROOM OR YOU WILL WEE IN YOUR PANTS!'" at the most convenient times, such as standing in the queue at the grocery store, walking the aisles of Walmart, & eating breakfast at McDonalds.

No comments:

Post a Comment