Tuesday 9 June 2009

A Compelling Argument?

Dear Sir Sitting Ahead Of Us On The Plane Yesterday,

I, firstly, would like to apologize for my son kicking the back of your seat for the duration of the 4.5 hour flight. I was, however, doing my best to keep him from doing so, whilst also attending to the needs of my 10 month old daughter who was seated on my lap.

I found your approach to be a little counterproductive. If you would like the action to stop, perhaps you should not reward the infraction by grabbing & shaking the child's foot playfully each time he violates the "non-seat-kicking code of conduct".

Also, when you finally turned around to speak to the culprit, perhaps you should have first assessed his approximate age before you began your argument. Your plea that he should stop kicking your seat "because it bothers me when you kick my seat," while compelling, does not hold water with a nearly 3 year old boy.

Thank you for your understanding,
Dominee Huisvrouw

p.s. once you turned around to speak to us, it was your own fault that he saw fit to keep asking, "What is your name, Man?" and "What is your name, Man-Sitting-Up-There?" And, no, telling him your name once, really wasn't enough. Welcome to a day in my life.

Dear So and So...

No comments:

Post a Comment