Wednesday 22 July 2009

Reconstructing Natalie -review

I was a bit put-off by the opening lines of the book. It's not too often that you open a Christian fiction book to chapter 1 & read, "I'm a bit obsessed with breasts."

In fact, I believe this is the third time I have picked up this book to read, but I had never made it past the first few lines before. Sometimes you just have to be in the right mood to read a book & I found that to be the case with this one, for me.

It's the story of a 27 year-old, single woman who discovers that he has breast cancer. I found it to be a humorous, honest story, following her journey through the valley she found herself in. It deviated from the typical "chick-lit" story, in that there were quite a few low points in the story, but altogether it was an enjoyable read.

No comments:

Post a Comment