Thursday 24 September 2009

Tales From The Backseat

Coming home from Coffee Break the other morning, I decided it was a nice day for a walk & since we were close to the Confederation Trail, I pulled off & parked. The kids & I walked for awhile, & Asher kept saying, "I'm a little bit tired now."

Up ahead of us was a little park, so i pointed it out to him & asked if he'd like to go there, or if he was too tired.

Asher: "I think I can walk to the park, Mummy."

Apparently he found some reserves & we made it there without anymore grumbling. There was quite a bit of grass along the edge of the trail, & it was still wet from the morning dew. I don't think 3 year olds are designed to stay on trails, so Asher's shoes were quite wet by the time we got to the park.

We had been playing a mere 10 minutes when a crew descended to mow the grass, so we were asked to vacate the premises. We headed back down the trail & Asher spent more energy running ahead & running back to Chancery & I. Occasionally he'd run ahead & then sit on the edge of the trail to wait for us, but then Chancery would see Asher sitting & decide that it looked fun, so every time he sat down, she would to.

A few months ago we had gone to this trail & taken some pictures of the kids in the grass. So today Asher kept going off into the grass & requesting that I take a picture. He was stunned that I didn't have my camera along this time.

Once we got back to the truck, Asher's shoes were pretty dirty, so I looked at the bottoms of them to see if they needed to be taken off, but decided they passed inspection.

On the way home Asher asked me, "Do you have yucky stuff in your mouth, Mummy?"

Me: "No."

Asher: "Yes you do!"

Me: "No I don't have yucky stuff in my mouth."

Asher: "You DO have yucky stuff! You got yucky stuff in your mouth when you licked off the bottom of my shoe!"

Despite my assurances that I never licked his shoe, nor would I EVER lick his shoe, he was adamant that I had done so & now had yucky stuff in my mouth. Where he gets these ideas, I do not know, but it sure keeps us on our toes!

1 comment: