Tuesday 20 October 2009

It's Bananas!

Last night Asher awoke crying in the middle of the night. I waited a few minutes to see if he was still asleep, but he kept crying, so I went in to ask what was the matter.

He said, "I wanted the last bite of Chancery's banana, but you ate it first!"

Now, I am not a fan of bananas. I don't like their taste, I don't like their texture. I don't even like banana bread, so there was no possible way that Asher was talking about an actual event.

I told him, "I didn't eat any banana, you had a dream about bananas. Dreams are stories that happen in your head while you are sleeping."

Asher replied, "No I didn't! You ATE the banana, & I wanted it!"

I could see that there was not going to be any reasoning with him (& frankly, I didn't want to put in the time to try to do so), so I told him that if he still wanted a banana in the morning when he woke up, he could have one at breakfast.

This morning he had no interest in having a banana, but he sure enjoyed explaining his dream to Daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment