Tuesday 6 October 2009

Self-Filled Cupcakes

I decided the other day, that since cream cheese was on sale, it was time to make some of these cupcakes, since they are DIVINE! So I pulled out the cake mix, the sugar, counted the eggs, got the cream cheese, & the chocolate chips. I had even made a special trip to find cupcake papers after I realized that I had forgotten to pick them up at the grocery store.

Next I began looking for the muffin tins. I couldn't find them anywhere, but since I had the cupcake papers, I figured I could just put them in a 9x13. Trial & error, my friends, and this was an error. I had to work really fast in order for the cake part not to ooze out of the papers, but in the end it worked alright. Next time I'll most definitely get some of the proper pans first.

Like most of the foods I make, they don't look great, but they taste marvelous! Here's the recipe in case you're interested:

1 pkg Choc Cake Mix
* * *
8 oz Cream Cheese -softened
1/3 C Sugar
1 Egg
Dash Salt
1 C Semi-sweet Choc Chips

Mix cake mix according to directions. Fill paper cups in muffin pans 2/3 full. Cream the cheese w/ sugar; beat in egg & salt. Stir in choc chips. Drop 1 rounded teaspoon into each cupcake. Bake as package directs. Makes about 30.

I had some extra of the filling, so I just put that into cupcake cups as well & baked it w/ all the rest. Delicious!




Free Signature Generator

Free Signature Generator

1 comment:

  1. maybe I will just make the cheesecake ones. haha. But NOW I HAVE... the recipe! They were so delish! Matt and I had such a good time with you guys. Thanks!
    Amanda
    I am posting as anonymous... cause I dont think my other comments worked. haha

    ReplyDelete