Wednesday 24 March 2010

Thinking Of Me

To get from our house to the movie theatre takes about 10 minutes.  Last week, our friend Miss Julie, took Asher to the movies as a special treat, and she told me on Sunday that they had not gotten halfway there yet, and he piped up from the back of the van.  He said, “Miss Julie, can I ask you something?”

“Sure!” she replied.

“When the movie the-a-tor is over, can you take me back home to my mummy right way?  Because I’m starting to miss her already.”

This comes as a bit of a surprise to me, since Asher doesn’t seem to be one of those kids that has real attachment issues, but there haven’t been too many instances that he has gone off with someone else all by himself either.

Miss Julie did some quick thinking, just in case there might be an issue, and said, “Well, the movie isn’t going to be too long, and when we’re gone Mummy’s just laying down for a nap.  She’s not doing anything exciting.”

After that there were no issues, so I guess he just wanted assurance that he was getting to do the more exciting thing.  And even a week later, he randomly says, “Miss Julie came to my house & took me to the movie the-a-tor, and I ate POPCORN!”

I’m just glad it was such a positive experience for him, because we still can’t get him to sit through a whole movie at home, even when we make popcorn to go with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment