Thursday 29 April 2010

Sunday Outing

We were invited to spend Sunday afternoon with some friends, to celebrate Miss Geesje’s birthday.  If there’s cake involved, you don’t have to ask me twice, and the kids are quite likely to agree.
IMG_1332
We had a great time out at their farm.  Asher got to drive the tractor, or steer it at least.  It was a good thing Mr. Harrie was in control of the pedals, or they might have a few less buildings than they did before our visit!

IMG_1339
After lunch we went on a walk around some of the fields.  Asher really enjoyed being given free reign to run around since we didn’t have to worry about traffic.
IMG_1336
    Mr. Harrie demonstrated to Asher the proper way to use a walking stick, though I think he could have benefitted from a taller one…

IMG_1340IMG_1342 
There are certain benefits of farm living that I wish my kids could experience.  Thankfully, God has given us great friends who let us have fun carefree days like this.
IMG_1344

1 comment:

  1. Brian and Brenda29 April 2010 at 14:04

    I think my first farm experience was when I lived in WA in my 20's. Hopefully Noah will find a farm to play in before that. :( Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete