Monday 3 May 2010

Daisy Chain –review

Daisy Chain (Defiance Texas Trilogy, Book 1)When I look for a book in the Christian Fiction genre, I have a few favourite authors I usually stick to.  I’ve never read a book by Mary DeMuth, nor have I heard of her before.

Well, I’m ready to tell you that if you haven’t read Daisy Chain, you are missing out.  The story is so different from any other Christian Fiction that I’ve read before, and so well written, that I was hooked right from the beginning.  At first I thought that because it was so different, I would be able to pick it apart, but the more I read, I discovered that the main character’s situation is very bizarrely true to reality.

I don’t want to give anything away, because by doing so, I worry that I might taint the book for other readers, but this book is definitely in my top 10 Christian Fiction books, AND it’s the first book in a trilogy.

Nothing excites me more than reading a great book & discovering it’s part of a series, so I can continue following the characters.  I just can’t say enough good things about this book.  It’s definitely going to be one of my top recommendations, and now I need to find the next books in the trilogy!

1 comment: