Wednesday 12 May 2010

Earnest Prayer

On Saturday, we stopped at Tim Horton’s for an iced coffee & some TimBits.  Asher saw that PChad & I had drinks, & I suppose he thought the iced coffee looked quite good, so he said, “Mummy, I like that drink with the straw!”

I told him, “It’s coffee & you aren’t allowed to have it because you’re too young.”

Asher decided to inform us, “When I’m one hundred and a half, I’ll be old enough, & then I will be able to have iced coffee.”

And then yesterday I over heard him pray, “Dear God, I wish I was one hundred, so I could drink iced coffee.”

Maybe we won’t make him wait quite that long.

3 comments:

  1. haha. That is too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOw cute is that?!! haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He sure comes up with some of the funnies things. He will always keep you on your toes!!

    ReplyDelete