Tuesday 22 June 2010

Faking It

A few months ago, I went to a jewelry party & saw a necklace that I really, really liked.  Now, I’m not a big spender, & I just couldn’t justify spending over $100 for a necklace, despite the fact that it had a lifetime warranty (meaning that no matter how many times your kids broke it, it would be replaced at no cost).

I decided to see if a friend of mine who makes jewelry could make me a similar one.  So I send pictures & described the stones in the necklace & much to my delight, she was able to make me a knock-off for less than 1/4 of the price!  (Or as PChad puts it, “you could break that necklace 4 times & still come out ahead).
IMG_3592


My friend, Ann, has made a few pieces of jewelry for me now, & I love every one of them.  They are made really well & I think it would actually take a bit of effort for my kids to break any of them.


Ann started making jewelry to help offset the cost of Christian Education for her kids, & now she just does it for fun (& people like me who don't want to drop a bunch of money on name-brand jewelry).

Thanks for the great work, Ann!

2 comments:

  1. very cute for a great price! Good Work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the nice note, Sherilyn! I'm SO glad that you like it and it's fun to see it on you! It was fun making it for you!

    ReplyDelete