Wednesday 6 October 2010

Small Town Settled

starbucks1 I was meeting a friend at Starbucks last week, and as is my custom, I arrived about 15 minutes early.  This can be a real nuisance, having the tendency to be early to everything, especially when everyone around seems to be on “island time”.  If you agree to meet someone at 8 o’clock, they most likely won’t arrive until quarter past, whereas I am there at quarter ‘til.

 

So I arrived 1/2 an hour before my friend, and as I sat there, I realized that I must be settling into this small town.  Without knowing any of them were planning on being there, I ran into 4 other people that I know.  It might have taken 2 years to get to that point, but it’s a nice feeling knowing that most places I go, I’ll probably run into someone that I can chat with for that half hour before my party arrives.

No comments:

Post a Comment