Tuesday 12 July 2011

Baby Chicks

We are part of a vegetable co-op this year.  It has been quite the experience for me, since I have to learn how to cook around vegetables, instead of making the menu based on meat.
IMG001
The farmers we get our veggies from also have a few animals, & I took the kids out to the farm to see them last week.

IMG003



Asher is at that stage where he really wants to hold, or touch any animal he encounters, but as soon as he has, he’s looking around for the next thing.





He enjoyed the chicks, but then he wanted to go ‘pet’ the chickens…




IMG004
Luckily I could distract him by drawing their attention to the swingset.

IMG007
And of course, who doesn’t love a tire swing?
IMG008

Apparently it became more of a bucking bronco…
IMG009

The kids had a great time on our little farm adventure.  I’m so glad they have the opportunity to experience a bit of farm life sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment