Thursday 14 July 2011

Something Nice

Asher was in a complaining mood the other day.  After he woke up from his nap I told him, “We’re going to the beach!”

 

Asher: “I don’t want to go to the beach!”

 

Me: “Well, we are going to the beach anyway!!!!”

 

We went & the kids had a great time playing in the sand & the waves.  When it was time to go, I told the kids, “OK, time to pack up to go home!”

 

Asher: “I don’t want to go home!”

 

Me: “You didn’t even want to come to the beach in the first place, & now it’s time to go home for dinner!!!!!”

 

On our way home, I was beginning to feel quite hungry.

 

Me: “I can’t wait for dinner, we’re going to have chicken!”

 

Asher: “I don’t want to have chicken!”

 

Me: “Asher, you have been complaining all day.  I don’t want to hear you say anything else unless it’s something nice.”

 

Asher: “Please can I not have chicken?”

 

It wasn’t exactly what I meant, but I think he was beginning to get the idea…

1 comment: