Monday 25 March 2013

Dahl Soup (Indian Red Lentil Curry Soup)

We had a soup potluck at church yesterday, & PChad’s soup was a hit!  I had many people come & tell me they really enjoyed my soup, but I had to give all the credit to PChad.

I have only made soup twice in my life.  The first time we had to stop on the way home from the potluck we had brought it to to dump it out in the ditch… it was that bad.  The second time was better, but not by much.  So, I’ll leave the soup making responsibilities up to PChad.  He does a much better job of it!

Dahl Soup

2 T Butter/Margarine
2 Garlic Cloves, chopped
1 Onion, chopped
2 T Curry Powder (or to taste)
2 cans Chopped Tomatoes
1 C Lentils (preferably Red)
2 t Lemon Juice
2 C Vegetable Stock
1 can Coconut Milk
Salt & Pepper too taste

-Saute Onion & Garlic in butter (about 3 minutes)

-Add spices, cook 30 seconds

-Add remaining ingredients

-Bring to a boil

-Simmer 25-30 minutes (until the lentils are tender & cooked)

No comments:

Post a Comment