Monday 28 October 2013

French Toast

I have been battling a cold for the past week, & it is a real doozy.  I am a strong believer in the power of Ny-Quil over a fever or a cold, so at least I have been sleeping well!  One side effect that usually happens, is what I call “Ny-Quil dreams”.  I have been having some of the strangest dreams, but there is one that I think you will particularly enjoy.

 

PChad & I, & some extended family had all gone out for breakfast at a restaurant.  Everyone’s food had come, except for mine, so after 20 minutes I asked the waitress about my order.  I had ordered French toast.  A short time later, the waitress came out with my food.

 

On the plate were four huge slices of bacon.  Underneath the bacon was a poached egg.  Under the egg was one slice of baguette French toast.

images

Now, I was not happy.  I asked the waitress, “Where is the rest of my French toast?”

 

“Sorry, that’s all you get,” she replied.

 

“But I ordered French toast.  I want French toast!”

 

“Well, there is lots of food there, with the bacon & the egg.”

 

“But I don’t want bacon & egg, or I would have ordered bacon & eggs.  I want French Toast!”

 

I then proceeded to walk around the restaurant showing my disproportionate meal to the other wait staff asking them, “Does this seem normal to you?”

 

I was really angry in my dream.  Enough so that I actually woke up at 5 in the morning angry about French toast.  Now, I don’t know what it means, but it sure made my kids laugh when I told them about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment