Thursday 8 October 2015

Crossing the Border

There is a long-standing breakfast meeting which is held in the tiny town that my Dad is from.  Every Wednesday my Aunts & Uncles, & occasionally some Great Aunts & Uncles get together for breakfast in a private room which the restaurant keeps ready for them.  My parents often come up to join them, then visit my Grandma afterwards.  Since we now live within an hour, I figured it was time to join them (& get a free breakfast!).

I dropped the kids off at school, then headed towards the border.  Despite the rain & a bit of road construction, I arrived right on time, & even beat my parents to the restaurant!  It was great to get to see some of my extended family, & I look forward to being able to make it for family get-togethers & holiday celebrations.

After breakfast my parents & I headed to Grandma's to visit for a little bit.  Grandma doesn't always remember who you are, but I love that she still has her sense of humour.  She was sitting in the chair & her feet were peeking out of the blanket.  "They are worn out," she said.

"What are, your socks, your feet, or your shoes?" my mom asked.

"All of them," Grandma replied with a little smile.

"You have been dancing too much!" I said.

Grandma turned to me quickly, & shushed me.  I guess that's her little secret that no one's supposed to know about!

After visiting Grandma, the tree of us made a quick stop at Starbucks, then I headed back home.  It was nice to take a little break from house-hunting, but I had a few appointments to see some more that I had to get back for.

No comments:

Post a Comment