Wednesday 13 January 2016

It's Been Quiet Around Here!

...because my life has become chaotic!  Our moving truck finally arrived 5 days after we had first expected it,
but apparently something had gotten missed from head office to the moving men, because they didn't know they were supposed to assemble any furniture as had been promised in our contract.  We have been talking to head office for several days, & they have been doing their best to work with the crew here to get things done, but alas, it was not meant to be.  Now, after sleeping on mattresses on the floor for nearly a week, we have been told a NEW crew was hired & will come tomorrow to assemble the beds, couches, desk, shelving units, & jewelry cabinet.  We were starting to take bets on what would come first, our internet provider, or the furniture assembly crew.  Well, they are both coming tomorrow!

In the meantime my parents have come back up & been helping me go through each & every box to check the contents for damage.  I have to commend the kitchen guy who packed all of our things in PEI.  He did a great job, & there were only 2 broken kitchen items.  If only the rest of his crew had taken lessons from him!  I think a pack of monkeys might have done about as good a job packing some of these boxes!

Once we have all the furniture put together I can get started on putting everything where it is supposed to go, though we have discovered that our house has no coat closets!  None by the front door, none by the garage, not even a linen closet!  I know what I'm going to look for in our next house!  Then, once I have furniture, & stuff where it goes, I will be able to go buy groceries! and various things from Costco & Walmart to help us organize our closetless house!  And I will have internet, & I can put my computer together on a desk!  And then I will join the real world once again.  Until then you can find me carrying various items through my house with a crazed look on my face muttering, "Now where should this go?"  Visitors are welcome, especially if you come bearing Starbucks!

No comments:

Post a Comment