Monday 22 February 2016

Bran Muffins

For as long as I've known him,  PChad has always raved about his mum's bran muffins.  Now, I'm not a huge fan of muffins in general, I'd rather have a cookie or a brownie, so when I think of baking, muffins are not at the top of my list.  But a few days ago PChad asked if I could please make his
mum's bran muffins, so I figured it was time (and he only asked once during the process if I was making them the way his mum did!).  They are pretty tasty... as far as muffins go!




This works the best if you make it in the really big Tupperware Bowl (Wonderlier)

Bran Muffins

Pour 2 Cups boiling water over 2 Cups All Bran (original), set aside (in Tupperware Bowl)

Cream: - 1 1/4 Cup Margarine
             - 3 Cups White Sugar

Add:    - 4 Eggs & Beat
            - 1 Litre Buttermilk

Pour mixture into Tupperware Bowl & mix with Bran mush

Add:  - 4 Cups Bran Flakes
          - 2 tsp Salt
          - 3 tsp Baking Soda
          - 2 Cups Raisins
          - 5 Cups Flour

Let stand overnight in fridge.

Fill Muffin cups & Bake @ 400° for 20 minutes.  Makes 5 Dozen


No comments:

Post a Comment