Wednesday 17 January 2018

Dog Treats


A few weeks ago a friend of ours gave us some dog food & treats they had gotten from a friend when their dog died unexpectedly.  I looked through the bags of treats & noticed there were some very large freeze-dried treats in one of the bags.  One evening I gave one of these large treats to Digby & he was DELIGHTED!

New treat on the Left, Regular treat on the right
Marker to show scale

The next day Digby was not wanting to participate in any of his regular activities, & we attributed it to the rain.  He really didn't want to go for a walk, & I had to drag him off the front steps, & most of the walk he was very slow.

Later that night I looked at the bag of treats I had given him & discovered that these are not actually treats.  They are "part of a dehydrated meal plan".  Each piece is 1.5 lbs of meat you are supposed to rehydrate them & feed a dog of Digby's size 6 of them a day!  Oops, I guess I'll read the labels a little better on the other bags!

He has fully recovered, & is begging me for more treats...

No comments:

Post a Comment